“As a chiropractor and the owner of Restore, my goal is to provide the best care possible to my patients. For those in pain, my aim is to help you heal as fast as possible, and to get you back to enjoying what you love to do, pain free. I use orthopaedic tests, functional movement analysis, a novel method of manual muscle testing, called Neurokinetic Therapy® (NKT), and P-DTR (Proprioceptive - Deep Tendon Reflexes) to identify and correct imbalances and compensation patterns. Rather than just treating pain (a symptom) we go after the cause of the pain to create quick and lasting results. For those who are not in pain, correcting these compensations and imbalances will lead to more efficient movement and stabilization strategies, and can help to improve performance and posture. I see the doctor-patient relationship as a partnership, where I help to facilitate your healing by providing expertise, insight and treatment, and you provide the dedication and work to make that change happen.
Using advanced NKT® and P-DTR techniques, we can treat scars, head trauma and concussions, old sprains, ligament imbalances, pelvic floor muscles, the jaw, compressed joints, as well as more common muscle to muscle compensations. In addition to NKT and P-DTR, I employ massage techniques like myofascial release, joint mobilization and manipulation, and I assign personalized corrective exercise plans.
I look forward to working with you to achieve your health goals, whatever they may be!”
Education & Certifications:
- Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College Class of 2011
- P-DTR (Proprioceptive - Deep Tendon Reflexes) advanced practitioner
- NKT (Neurokinetic Therapy) - advanced practitioner, teaching assistant, Ottawa study group leader
- AiM (Anatomy in Motion)
- Myofascial Release (formerly full body ART certified)
- Graston/ Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Kinesio Taping
- Building the Ultimate Back - Stuart McGill
- Corrective Exercise Strategies for the Shoulder -
- Immaculate Dissection - Core Concepts (Breathing Dynamics and the Core) - Kathy Dooley